DIY: From flip flops to cross strap sandals

Hello guys,
I'm so so sorry. I really feel like I've been neglected you and that was not my intention! This week was so hectic and I'm very sorry. But I hope I can make it up with you with this post, it is a new DIY - yeeeah -.

I have seen a lot of nice sandals lately and normally I'm not a big fan of sandals - I hate it when my toes get filthy and the chance that this happens wearing sandals is so much bigger than normal - but as I said these were really cute!
And I thought 'it could be a really cool DIY' soooo here it is. This DIY was some work, but I am very happy with the result.


Het spijt me. Ik heb echt het gevoel dat ik jullie heb verwaarloosd en dat was helemaal niet mijn bedoeling! Deze week was zo hectisch en het spijt me zeer. Maar ik hoop dat ik het goed kan maken met je met deze post, het is een nieuw DIY - yeeeah -.

Ik heb veel leuke sandalen gezien de laatste tijd en normaal gesproken ben ik geen grote fan van sandalen - Ik haat het als me tenen smerig worden en de kans dat dat gebeurt met sandalen is zo veel groter dan normaal -, maar zoals ik al zei deze waren echt schattig!
En ik dacht 'dat zou een hele coole DIY kunnen worden' dusssss hier is hij. Deze DIY nam wat werk in beslag, maar ik ben erg blij met het resultaat.


Do you want to know how I made this. Keep on reading!

What u need/ Wat je nodig hebt:
1. Scissors/ Schaar                                                      5. Glue/ Lijm
2. Soft Leather/ Zacht leer                                          6. Needles/ Naalden
3. Flip Flops/ Rubberen Slippers                                7. Tread/ Draad
4. Paint/ Verf                                                               8. Studs

What u have to do/ Wat je moet doen:
 
This is optimal but my flip flops were red, but I wanted them viollet so I sprayed them haha. - btw I did this last year just so u know. So I didn't do it specific for this DIY -
Dit is niet verplicht, maar mijn slippers waren rood, maar ik wilde ze in lilla dus ik heb ze gespoten. - btw Ik heb dit vorig jaar gedaan zodat je het weet haha hahah. Dus ik heb het niet specifiek voor deze DIY gedaan -

1. Cut four stripes and try keeping them as even as you can - as you can see I wasn't really that good in that hahah. - Mijn stripes were 23cm x 4.7cm 
Knip vier stroken en probeer ze zo even mogelijk te houden - zoals je kan zien is dat mij niet zo goed gelukt hahah. - Mijn stroken waren 23cm x 4.7cm

 2. Cut the stops off so u can remove the strap. Now you only have the sole - if you are painting it like I did u should do this before painting the flip flops, els you will get the same thing as I have-.
Knip de stoppers er af zodat je de band er af kan halen. Nu heb je alleen de zool - als je het gaat verven zal ik dit doen voor dat je de slippers gaat verven, anders krijg je het zelfde als wat ik heb -.

3. Now you are going to sew and stitch the leather to the flip flop. This took the most time.
You can also glue it first before stitching for some extra support.

I added some studs, but also this is optional. I just thought it looked nicer this way!
Nu ga je het leer naaien en stikken aan de slippers. Dit koste de meeste tijd.
Je kan het ook eerst lijmen voordat je gaat naaien voor wat extra stevigheid.

Ik heb wat studs toegevoegd, maar ook dit is niet verplicht. Ik vond ze er gewoon leuker uitzien zo!

And you are done! Maybe I will be wearing sandals more often know :)
Let me know if you made it. Send me pictures or share/tag me on one of my social medias @xMothii
En je bent klaar! Misschien ga ik nu wel vaker sandalen dragen :)
Laat me weten of je het hebt gemaakt. Stuur me foto's of deel/tag me op een van mijn sociale medias @xMothii

I hope you enjoyed.
See you in my next post!
Much Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment